Yoga First Aid for Tight Hamstrings


hamstrings, healing


Are Your Hamstrings Injury Tight as Piano Wires?


Tight hamstrings are the downfall of lots of a student who could otherwise have appreciated a glorious life time of yoga practice. It can be one reason that men as well as peak athletes leave of yoga classes.


Believe me, when we’re talking about ‘howling hammies’, I recognize. Running, tennis, and also cycling are all activities that condition your hamstrings. And, these are what I involved in for years before uncovering yoga.


My yoga exercise instructor’s suggestions did nothing to ease the back leg discomfort I experienced in lesson. I asked him, ‘How long does it take to relax hamstrings?’ He described the hamstring rule of thumb: matter one month of constant breaking away for each year that you are. Exactly what this meant for me as a thirty-five years of age was that it would certainly take 3 and also a half years of specialized technique to acquire flexibility.


I had not been going anywhere, so I determined I might as well treat the job as an individual obstacle. I functioned hard. I dream I could state I took pleasure in the quest. I would have rather done twenty-five urdhva dhanuasana backbends compared to 5 minutes of supta padangusthasana I & II (supine leg stretches).


Yet, this intense 3 year program had its yearned result. I completed up with the type of long smooth muscles as well as relevant flexibility that I aimed for.


There are two terrific points concerning having used all this effort.


1) It will take a very long time to shed your hard-won suppleness.


2) Hamstring adaptability could assist with lower back problems where the trouble associates to a posterior pelvic tilt.


There was an added benefit for me. An enduring sciatica disorder I had merely vanished.


Sequence for Hamstrings 


Should you really want to occupy the hamstring obstacle, below’s a sequence of postures that you might find useful.


Supta padangusthasana I & II, 1 min each side


Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana I, 2 minutes each side


Parsvottanasana, 1 min each side


Adho Mukha Svanasana, heels at the wall surface, then repeat, hands at the wall, 2 minutes each


Prasarita Padottanasana, 2 minutes


Padanagusthasana, 1 minute


Pada Hastasana, 1 minutes


Uttanasana, 1 minute


Paschimottanasana, 2 minutes


Trianga Muka Eka Pada Paschimottanasana, 2 minutes each side


Krounchasana, 1 minute each side


Upavistha Konasana, as well as Parsva Upavistha Konasana, 1 minute each variation


Sirsasana or Planning for Sirsasana, 5 minutes


Lunges, x 6


Eka Pada Raja Kapotasana, 1 minute each side x 2


Supta Virasana, 3-5 minutes


Ardha Halasana, 5 minutes


Setu Bandha Sarvangasana, 5 minutes


Viparita Karani, 5-10minutes


Chair Savasana, 10 minutes




Yoga First Aid for Tight Hamstrings

0 comments: